Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Heights trade tower

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sky Heights trade tower Empty Sky Heights trade tower

Post by Asch Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 am

Standing proudly above the city, shining in the sun, Sky Heights looms over the street of Silent Falls, and over looks the DOTE headquarters. Busy pedestrians go to and from the tower, happily unaware of what is about to take place here...

A motorcycle growled through the streets, parking in front of the tower in the designated 'motorcycle parking'. This bike is familiar to Silent Falls... the Steampunked decor of the bike matching it's owner, Asch. A knit hat is pulled down over her copper hair and dark goggles hide her eyes.

Casually she walked through spinning glass doors as she pulled the goggles down around her neck, her heels clicking softly on the floor as she walked right past security. Asch had nothing to hide, the plan was already set and ready to move into action. All she had to do was situate herself in the ideal location for the chaos to begin...

A police officer stopped her halfway across the lobby, "Ma'am, excuse me, but you seem familiar..."
She smiled dumbly, innocently, "Oh? Can I help you officer?"
"You seem fit the description of a bank robber who was in Silent Falls earlier," His frowned at her, growing stern and authoritative.
"Begg'in your pardon but what?" Asch held back a sneer, forcing an innocent and ignorant smile, couldn't people see she had very important... business, and needed to be on her way?
His walkie-talkie crackled and a scratchy voice hissed on the other end, "Sir! We've found a bomb located in the east hall, floor five!" The officer dropped his guard and hurried away, shouting back into the device frantically.
Of course they found a bomb... this was only the plant... the distraction... the decoy.

"Smooth sailing!" Asch laughed to herself quietly, and walked on.
Asch
Asch

Superhuman Points : 82

Character Profile
Alignment: Villain
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 8

Back to top Go down

Sky Heights trade tower Empty Re: Sky Heights trade tower

Post by Lady Noctia Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:06 am

Leanna McGowan was on one of her city-trips.

She was taking a breather, perched on a ledge about half-way up the tower, swinging her legs back and forth and eating pomegranate.
She paused for a moment and held the pomegranate up to the sun, inspecting it carefully. Yes, she liked pomegranate very much.

She spat out a seed into the people-filled street as a motorcycle swerved into a parking space below.
She'd seen that bike before. Caused a big ruckus down by the bank.
Never got a chance to have any fun though.

She slumped and continued eating as the rider entered the building.

Leanna was bored. A wee bit of fun wouldn't hurt would it?
And fun was sure to follow that bike's rider...

She hopped down, cut the power to her boots and entered the building.

After observing the hastily departing officer she casually followed Asch.

This was a smart one, yes, Fun was sure to come.

(Power Name: Super Jumping. (2 points?)
Catagory: Technological
Description: She invented her favorite boots which operate using magnets. When she jumps, the boots fly to the nearest, strongest metal thingy. She can turn their magnetic powers off when need be using a button on her outfit. (No, I don't know how she does that... I'm not a knowledgeable science person... XD; )
Limits: She can't control which metal thingy the boots cling to, so she has to be really careful how and where she jumps. She's ended up hanging upside down from the ceiling, almost flew out of a window once, and one time had one foot stuck to a moving car while the other foot *turned off* hopped like mad. She's still working out the kinks.)

Last edited by Lady Noctia on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserting Power description)

Lady Noctia

Superhuman Points : 50

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 am

OOC: Posting order- Asch, Lady Noctia, and there's a couple other people I expect to join soon. But it'll keep going between us until they get here.

BIC: Asch could hear someone shadowing her, but kept walking on calmly towards the elevator. She hit the button, taking this as her chance to turn around, pretending to wait for the elevator, but really turning to see her shadow. A younger girl; it took everything for Asch not to smirk. Who did she think she was coming up against the great Asch?
The elevator doors opened and Asch stepped inside, hitting the button of the floor she wanted to get to first, and called to the girl, "Sorry dear, the elevator is full!" Asch stood alone in the elevator. She hit the 'close doors' button- feeling the metal box rising upwards. Smooth sailing indeed!

Last edited by Asch on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posting order clarification)
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:56 am

The Ninja arrived in a hot rod "borrowed" from the police station impound lot. "I hope I'm not too late," he muttered as he threw open the doors to the building. He arrived just in time to glimpse Asch's smug face as the door to the elevator closed.

"Oh no you don't!" He raced to the door and whipped out two Genjutsu arms from his chest, latching them onto the door to the elevator and ripping them away. Then he leaped upwards and used the psychic arms to crawl up the shaft, advancing upon the retreating villain.

Powers used:
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Leanna got close enough to just catch a whiff of Asch's purposeful smugness and arrogance.
Oh.... Oh these were the very funnest sorts.

"Yeek!" Her eyes widened and she yelped as a young fellow ran past her toward the elevator and tore its doors off.

What a very uncivilized, ungentlemanly way of doing things. I mean, really!

Leanna froze, as she realized her grave mistake...
She was not in the proper attire for such an occasion, and two such interesting souls certainly required the correct attire.

Thankfully, she always carried Lady Noctia's clothes with her and could change quickly.

She turned on her boots and entered the elevator shaft. She quickly became Lady Noctia, then scurried up the shaft after the elevator. She was able to reach its floor, and attached her boots to it, hanging upside down and catching a ride the rest of the way.

She also started to suck on the remainder of her pomegranate, but decided against it, as it is most unwise to suck anything while upside down and moving quickly.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:54 pm

OOC: Okay, new posting order~ Asch, Ninja, Lady Noctia, Akai

BIC: Akai rushed in after Kyle, grumbling to herself when the elevator doors shut and Kyle went after Asch. Around her the police already were beginning to hustle the people out of the building.
Above the elevator she noted the lit-up number signifying the designated level Asch wanted to get to. Akai quickly turned towards the stairwell and made a mad dash for it. Things could get messy fast is this insane woman got her way. She had to be stopped.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Superhuman Points : 156

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Bellow her metal gave way in a horrible screeching sound, something was up. Asch frowned, apparently someone had gotten wind of her plan and was now going to try and stop her. The movement of the rising metal box stopped and the doors slid open, releasing Asch from the small box that could have become her doom and her prison if she'd waited any longer.
Before leaving, she hit the button to the first floor and stepped out, watching in smug fascination as the doors closed.
"Deal with an elevator coming down on top of you now," Asch turned and walked straight down the hall.

(ooc: rping both my charries in the same thread... should be interesting Razz)
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm

"Yowch!" The Ninja was being driven swiftly downwards by the heavy elevator, and he knew he would soon be crushed if he didn't move quickly. He threw one Genjutsu arm upwards and two to the sides, bracing the car and stopping his descent.

For a moment The Ninja simply breathed in and out, shaken by this encounter. Finally he utilized all three Genjutsu arms and his physical limbs and crawled back up to the floor Asch had exited at, carefully using his Genjutsu limbs to break through the door. With a tremendous leap The Ninja hurled himself through the doorway and rolled to his feet, Genjutsu at the ready. However, there was nobody in sight. "Hmmmmmmm..."

The Ninja hurled a few psychic knives at the huge window covering the east wall to shatter it and then threw himself out the hole, latching onto and climbing up the outer face of the building with his Genjutsu arms. He ascended rapidly but scanned each floor to see whether Asch was there or not.

Powers Used:
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:59 pm

Lady Noctia followed the goodly Ninja, and scrabbled up through the door onto the level behind him.

He seemed to be totally ignorant of her. Perhaps she had somehow been endowed with the power of invisibility? That would certainly have its uses...

Outside, he seemed to be scanning each floor looking for the steampunk-y lady.
She really couldn't see how the lady could have gotten more than a floor away in such a short time, but no harm in looking.

As he covered the sections of floors visible through the windows, Lady Noctia decided to trot down the hall and look through the sections of the level that couldn't be seen from the outside.

After rounding a couple of corners, she caught a brief glimpse of copper hair.
Mind.
Identity confirmed.

Oh, it would be lovely if someone got knocked out... Maybe, juuuust maybe.

The lady had noticed Lady Noctia last time, as was intended. But following now is for just observation. Lady Noctia tread carefully, just keeping the copper hair in sight to see what the lady would do.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lady Noctia on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add power description)

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Akai hurried up the stairs, already feeling slightly breathless. She tripped on the top step of one of the landings, smacking her shins hard. She let out a gasp of pain and staggered to her feet, looking behind her with a curse towards the blasted step rising in her throat. Akai stopped short of sharp words when she noticed a thin black cable winding up the stair from the way she came, past her and onwards up.
It had been there, but Akai hadn't given it a second thought, now curious, she picked up a loop of the coil in her hand.
Detonation cord...
"Greatness... she's already planted the building with bombs," Akai hissed, dropping the cord as if it was a snake. Kyle could handle Asch, she had to find a way to keep this building from crumbling to the ground.

Immediately Akai followed cord back down a level and out into the lobby of the second floor. The explosives had to have some detonation point.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 am

Asch walked confidently onto the fourth floor balcony, the rest of the twenty-something floors rising above her. All so soon this place would be reduced to a pile of twisted metal and rubble. Below, people filtered out in a panic, shame, if everything went as planned, not all of them would make it out so safely as these lucky few.
"The world will know who I am," Asch breathed, staring into the last few rays of sunlight reaching out from the west.
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 pm

The Ninja was puzzled. He had looked in all the windows up to the fourteenth floor and had not caught a single glimpse of Asch. He was certain she could not have gotten any higher before him, either.

Slowly The Ninja began his descent, glancing back into each window.

That's when he noticed motion below him. Asch was standing triumphant (and oblivious) on the balcony of the fourth floor! Silently he dropped down, intending to catch her by surprise with a swift kick to the back of the head.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Lady Noctia decided to reveal herself.
She had noticed a criss-crossing design of metal on the roof earlier. She could use this to her advantage.
She turned on her boots, and scrambled up to the ceiling. Upside down, she trotted over, and crouched down/up on a light fixture directly above Asch. She noticed that her long hair would get into Asch's face, so she considerately started putting it up into bun.

"You want the world to know who you are? That's no fun at all. Then people can plot nasty things and retaliate and its so very much funner to have the element of mystery. But I suppose that's just my personal preference, to each their own.

Oh, and dearie? You have a right nice fella that looks dreadfully plotty right behind yeh. Just a head's up, though I rather think you already knew that."

She grinned and stuck out her tongue impudently at the both of them.

Spoiler:

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Akai rounded a bend in the hallway and ran into a group of men, designated with 'bomb squad' badges. Immediately they pointed her in the opposite direction, demanding Akai get clear of the building.
They bomb squad was messing with the decoy bomb, which had been found in an office space, possibly unaware the whole tower was rigged to blow.
"No, I can help," Akai stood her ground, not letting them boss her around, "The whole building is rigged to come down, we have to stop the detonation and find the rest of the bombs before we all die!"
Partially convinced, one of the men stepped forward, "And so what do you propose we do citizen?"
"Just as I said, stop the detonation." Akai crossed her arms, surely they wouldn't be so dense in such a crisis!
"That's not very helpful miss, do you know how to stop this detonation?" Akai shook her head. The man humphed and turned away, "I already have several men sweeping the rest of the tower, I'll get more of them on it. You come with me," The man said, motioning towards the office space where the decoy had been found.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Asch snapped two small guns out of their holsters and held them in each hand, straightening her shoulders to broaden her stance.
"Yes, hello, I know your both here, and I suspect you're gonna try and stop me them aren't you? You can't stop me though, those buffoons messing with my bomb will unwittingly be Sky Heights' destruction. Stop them and save yourselves, or have your fun here battling me out and let them tinker with death.
I'll leave you with the choice, I do hope you make the right and heroic choice, because then I'll know you aren't foolish push-overs looking for a good fight to make their name known.
But, anyway this turns out, I'm going to have a jolly time breaking you and getting what I want either way. Discouraged?"
Asch crossed her arms over in an "x", pointing the guns skyward, but ready to move into action at a second's notice.
"I hope not, I dislike sissies so very much. Go on, make my day. If you want to fight me, you shouldn't worry your conscious with the tower, only a good half of it is going to face destruction. I wouldn't be here now would I, if I too risked death? Besides, a skeleton reaching pitilessly into the sky is more impressive than a heap of rubble isn't it?"
Asch closed her eyes, tuning her ears into the smallest sounds and waiting, "Now what's it gonna be?"

Last edited by Asch on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : word repeat)
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 pm

"That's why it's a good idea to work with a partner. I can trust her to stop your bomb while I take you out!" He was still falling but lashed out with all three Genjutsu arms to block any bullets which might come his way while finishing his kick and hurling a trio of shuriken at the villain.

Powers Used:
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 am

"Whatever made you think I was going to try and stop you? Or that I was going to make a "right and heroic" choice? Hee! I'm not a hero, dearie, not at all."
Noctia halted, a child was panicked, crying for her mum. She stopped grinning and dropped from the ceiling. A cold, hard light entered her eyes as she stared at Asch's head.
"No, I'm not going to stop you. I might even help you if I feel like it.
However.
Pride. Desperate, thirsty pride. Is this your only reason for such destruction? you would take away the lives, the livelihoods that are part of this building... for yourself? I hope not. Because if it is, you're an idiot, and I'm going to have fun with you someday." Noctia minced her words carefully.

She kept out of the way of Ninja's strikes, backing out toward the edge of the balcony.
"Carry on, sir. Don't mind me. Yet."

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 am

The man led Akai straight to the decoy bomb, several men already working on it. She noticed immediately something was wrong with it, the corny and stereo-typical looks threw her off for a moment as she stared, "That's it? There's something wrong here..."
"Of course there's something wrong here! The building is going to blow!" The man replied, hurrying to assist the disabling of the funny looking object.
"No... as in something is off!" Akai leaned in close, the count-down reading five minutes. Not only was this thing a decoy... but a dangerous trap. These men were fiddling with something more powerful than any of them knew! In their righteous attempt to save the people, they'd thrown away all analysis and gone straight to the problem.
Asch had walked calmly into a bank, robbed it, and walked out and got away. She wouldn't be so foolish to create a plan so simple.
"Wait..." She paused, trying to realize what what was happening, "Wait! Stop! Leave it alone!"
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 am

Asch twisted out of the way, the last shuriken glancing her on the cheek. She snarled, disgusted with them both. Just her luck the do-good hero had a partner on the job too!
"You think I act out of pride?" She blasted a volley from her guns and turned sharply to Noctia, "I act out of proof! I prove to people I am not the helpless little half-seeing blind girl the world thought I was!"
Spiked ends snapped out of the bottom of her guns as she lashed out at Ninja, quickly and violently. They'd pushed her buttons. And she was mad.

OOC: Power used (how do I title the 'spoiler'?)
Spoiler:
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:32 pm

OOC: [ spoiler=Powers Used ] Spoiler Text [ /spoiler ]

IC: "If you honestly believe people will respect you for this, maybe you're even more blind than you think, little girl!" His kick had missed Asch and instead shattered one of the balcony tiles, but now he whipped around and tried to block the spikes, getting a long gash across one arm in the process.

After a brief and close struggle The Ninja snaked out two Genjutsu arms to yank Asch's arms apart and aimed a bone-shattering front kick at her collarbone.

Powers Used:
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Noctia winced as she felt a glimpse of Asch’s raging helplessness. She felt like a child… Lady Noctia almost pitied her for a moment. That almost-pitying moment briefly ended as she heard the clamoring of frightened people down below.
She replied to Asch, smirking a deadly sort of smirk.
“Yes dear, Pride. The Pride that makes you want to believe you are actually any better than the ‘helpless little half-seeing blind girl’ the world thinks you are. So now you wish to make your name revered by taking vengeance on the world because it saw you as you truly are. Clever, I grant you, but you’ll never succeed. You will destroy yourself in the end. And I will stand by, watching and benefitting from your demise. Remember that, dear.”
Lady Noctia crouched on the ledge of the balcony, ready to slip under it at any moment, should Asch decide to attack her.
She turned her attentions toward the Ninja.
“You. Person. Anything I can do to help?”
Powers Used:

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

They were ignoring her! They were really just ignoring her! Hadn’t they brought her here to help?!
“Leave it alone? That’s a stupid idea; this bomb will blow and take out most of the second floor!” The man yelled.
“No! Stop, just open it up and get a closer look inside! We don’t even know what this thing is,” Akai tried to get closer the bomb but was pushed away.
“I've had enough of you," The man grabbed her arm and started dragging Akai away, “Get out while you can miss.”
Angrily Akai yanked her arm free and launched a fireball from the palm of her hand as a warning shot, “I’m not going anywhere. Now get that thing open and forbid you try and stop its detonation without a closer look at it!”
He started to protest, but Akai formed another fireball in her hand, and aimed it directly at him this time, “Do it!”

Power used:

Last edited by Akai Kaji on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot powers used- added)
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asch Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Asch pulled back against Ninja's Genjutsu arms, snapping her legs up at the same time to block the majority of his kick. Her knee felt the pain as his foot glanced off and struck her shoulder before she ripped free, aiming a gun at the each of them and firing.
"The helpless child couldn't save her sister! The helpless little child I was couldn't stop the fire! You will all feel my agony and rage when this fire continues to burn! It has been burning since the day she died and will burn until the day I die!" Asch started edging back towards the building, guns pointed.
"You will all burn; I will be the nightmare you dream and the one you fear, and the whole world will know who I am!"

Powers used:
Asch
Asch

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:13 pm

"Don't kid yourself," The Ninja growled. He just barely managed to block the bullets but his concentration was beginning to slip as he felt a strange combination of pity and scorn for his opponent. One of the bullet actually traveled halfway through the Genjutsu arm before falling to the ground.

"I can handle her. Get the people away from the building, if you can!" he called to Lady Noctia before lashing out with a barrage of hits from arms, legs, and Genjutsu.

Powers Used:
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Noctia Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12 pm

OOC: Asch is a really neat charrie~~~ Just sayin'. ^^

BIC:
"Ahee! I'm the expert on dreams and nightmares, dearie. You needn't say something you know so little about. But aye, we may meet in a nightmare someday, to be sure."
Lady Noctia chuckled, then quietly replied to the Ninja.
"Aye aye, sah. I'll see what I can do. Be careful with her. She's lost a great deal of mental concentration, but she makes up for it in pure rage..."
She scooted off the balcony and scurried down the wall toward an open window.
She hopped over the windowsill and scanned the hallway, keeping her ears open. The floor appeared to be empty. Some coats hung on the wall inside an office.
"Hullo? Anyone in here?" she called out.
No reply.
Matches... were there matches anywhere? She ducked inside the office and emptied the pockets of the coats. Oh, yes. Lady Luck was kind to her today.
One of the pockets held a mint chocolate-flavored candy.
She took it out of its wrapper and started sucking on it fervently while riffling through the desk drawers. She spotted a purse laying next to the desk, and went through that as well.
Aha! She lifted a small matches pack to the light.
Lady Noctia grabbed a coat and dumped it under the nearest smoke detector. Next, she snatched a piece of paper off the desk and set fire to it with the match. (Oh, the legal battles that would ensue due to that missing page...)
She set the burning paper on the coat, sucked on her candy, and tapped her foot impatiently. Come on... light, light you deng thing...
The coat finally caught fire, and its smoke reached the detector, setting off the fire alarm.
Thankfully, the floor was tile instead of carpet, otherwise the place would have gone "poof" in no time.

Lady Noctia dashed off in search of more people, leaving the small fire to take care of itself.

Powers Used:

Last edited by Lady Noctia on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : inserting powers used thingy, grammar was off)

Lady Noctia

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next