Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Door.

5 posters

Go down

Front Door. Empty Front Door.

Post by Titan Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Titan looked up at the massive glass dome. I'm finally here. he thought. He was sitting on a simple bench on the street with a view of the glorious place. he watched the sun sparkle across the glass as it set. he watched the sky fade from blue to orange. beautiful.

He looked down at his gauntlets. the upgrades he had made were working very well. he had stopped by his lookout for only long enough to perform the upgrades, and do necessary repairs. he opened and closed his fists experimentally, feeling the power course through the channels he had built into them. he opened up the electromagnetic discs, and let them spin up to speed. a smile lit up on his face as they crackled with power. the air seemed to be draw towards them, as if a heavy weight was somehow attached to the atmosphere and pulling it in like cloth. he set the sonic devices to a very low frequency, and use the low pressure to push pebbles across the ground. they bounced along and soon rolled out of sight. he managed to make one spin in circles for a few moments, then it suddenly shot off towards a nearby drain.

Titan disengaged his gauntlets. he knew he was acting immature, but he couldn't help it. he was giddy. today was a big day. a very big day. Titan stood up, and gazed at the entrance to the large dome. What wealth of knowledge lies in there? What resources? What unimaginable equipment?. Yes, calling today a big day was like calling a Tyrannosaurus Rex a newt.

Ever since Titan had turned from the criminal life, he had looked up to the Defenders of the Earth. These people were awesome. fear of rejection had kept him away. He never thought he would be powerful enough to fit in. but today was the day he would try. Today is the Day. He walked forward towards the entrance, gauntlets disabled, armor covered by his coat.

Titan

Superhuman Points : 143

Character Profile
Alignment: Hero
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 11

Back to top Go down

Front Door. Empty Re: Front Door.

Post by The Ninja Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Kyle brushed by the stranger, on his way to input a new criminal's information in the DOTEbase, a database (hence the punny name) of information on as many heroes and villains as could be obtained by the Defenders of the Earth.

The next time I get my hands on you you're going behind bars, you little... Suddenly Kyle realized he had not recognized the cloaked figure he had passed when entering. He, The Ninja, keeper of the records and pride of the Newberry Young Librarian's Club back in grade school.

Kyle returned to the entrance where the stranger was being addressed by a few sidekicks returning from a patrol. "It's okay, kids, I'll take it from here," Kyle said as he shooed the sidekicks away. "Hey, I'm Kyle. Can I help you with anything?"
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:53 pm

Titan reached out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Billy." he smiled, "nice to meet you, Kyle." Kyle was very obviously someone who knew DOTE HQ very well. "I'm here to join the Defenders of the earth, If you will have me." Kyle looked like he was in a hurry, he had done a double take when he passed Titan. "I hope I'm not interrupting something important."

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 pm

"Oh, not at all. I was just putting the information on a criminal into our system," he said as he shook Billy's hand.

Kyle studied the newcomer for a few moments thoroughly. "So, you want to join? You look like you've seen a bit of action. Here, follow me." He led Billy back through the HQ to a small office. "I'm going to need a blood sample," he said as he held out an autosyringe, "So we can run a quick DOTEbase background check. Oh, and do you have any major experience which might prove helpful?"
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Cleo stopped in front of the DOTE HQ, and gapped. Every time she saw it, she was completely awed. It was the largest building she had ever seen in her life, and it was just beautiful too. The last time she had seen it was when she was still normal. Now she was looking at it as a super.

Cleo shook her head, remembering why she was here. She thought she had seen Titan going inside. Cleo slowly entered the building, looking around in awe as she went.

Ooc: I'm assuming Cleo could get in without a problem since Ninja already knows about her. But if not, please ignore that last part.

OOC: Yeah, most heroes can come and go. Titan was a special case. ~The Ninja
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Superhuman Points : 46

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm

IC: Titan followed Kyle into DOTE HQ. the place was truly stunning.

Kyle asked for a blood sample. "No problem," Titan said, holding out one arm. Kyle than asked if he had any significant experience. Titan thought for a moment. "I don't have any significant crime fighting experience, if that's what you mean. I just figure out when something bad is going to happen, and try to stop it. I tend to end up stopping organized crime--as opposed to random, sudden crime--because I can figure out their plan (or at least their target) ahead of time. on the subject of other experiences, I am an inventor. I am working with a new substance that I discovered.

OOC: Sorry for any mistakes that are most likely in here, and sorry for the short length. I'm tired.

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm

"Hmmm. An inventor. I'm sure our science division would like to have a few words with you." Kyle glanced at the computer screen. The genetic code matched no records in the system. "All right, you're not a criminal in disguise." He reached into the desk and pulled out a shirt with the Defenders of the Earth logo on it, and a blank plastic card. The shirt he tossed to Titan, and the card he inserted into the computer. "Ehhh, what did you say your name was?"
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Kyle was asking his name. "I'm Titan." He paused for a moment, then added "But you can call me Billy."

Billy could not get over how amazing this place looked. He could not wait to get a look at the science division. it was an itch, almost. so much knowledge. He rubbed his hands together. "any chance I can go over there now?" Realizing that was a bit ambiguous, he added, "The science division, I mean."

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Kyle put in the rest of the information and then printed and laminated the card. "All right. Here you go. This ID will get you into a lot of places, including the science division. And there's a little map on the back. See, the science division is down the hall to the left."

Kyle smiled. "Glad to have you aboard, Titan. We should go patrolling some time. Actually, I think I'll go with you to the science division. There's something I need to talk to them about."
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 pm

"Yes, we should definitely work together sometime." Titan glanced down at his new ID Card. he really had made it here, and made it in. A warm feeling rolled up his back. he was proud of himself, but only for a moment. he knew that this only really meant the beginning of more challenges, but those were challenges he was willing to face.

He thought all this before Kyle had finished speaking.

"Ah yes, right down the hall. thank you." Titan left for the science division.

OOC: sorry for only one post a day. I'm busier on weekdays. Do you want to make the new thread for the science division, since you designed this place and stuff? I can post there after you have made it.

Titan

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:00 am

IC: A little girl, looking to be about eight years of age, stood in front of the door to D.O.T.E. crying. The shoulder of her little blue dress was torn, and blood was seeping out of a wound in the shoulder as she held it.

"Please!" she cried. "Please let me in! I have nowhere to go! Please! Somebody help me!"

Of course, the little girl was actually none other than Cluney O'Shaughnessey. As much as he loathed the idea of going into this place, it was the only place he trusted, at that moment, to heal him. He certainly intended no harm while he was here. Rogue though he might be, he was still a gentleman, and a gentleman did not harm those who helped him. Admittedly, he might try to snoop a bit if allotted the time to do so, but that was strictly business, and he intended no other damage.

Spoiler:

OOC: Actually continued from events in New Carthage. Cluney has been shot, so the wound is actually a bullet wound. Bullet has not yet been removed.

Last edited by Cluney on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Specification)
Cluney
Cluney

Superhuman Points : 430

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 pm

Cleo stopped in her tracks, hearing a young girl crying. Turning, she ran out of the headquarters, and came upon the disguised Cuney. "Oh my gosh! Are you ok?! What happened?!" she gasped as she saw the wound.

ooc: I'm sorry for the short post, I can't think of much else...
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 am

OOC: lol, It's fine. I mean, seriously, how do you react to something like that?

IC: The small girl, Cluney, sobbed harder as she looked up at Cleo.

"Th-they hur-urt me," he sobbed, "I th-thought they were going to k-kill me!" She wailed even louder then. "Y-you're a hero, right? Y-you can h-help me, r-right?"

OOC: Hm, the hardest part here seems to be in picking a gender pronoun. Ah well, you know what I'm talking about, right? ^_^
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Digibyte. EXE Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:03 am

ooc: Yes, I do~ XD
BIC:

"Well, I don't have any healing powers, but the headquarters here has a medical bay, I think." Digibyte assured the girl. She took her by the hand and hurried into the headquarters again, calling out for directions on how to get to the medical bay
Digibyte. EXE
Digibyte. EXE

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:53 pm

Cluney allowed the girl to lead him on through the D.O.T.E headquarters, looking around a bit, even as he sobbed to keep the realism of the character. The place looked quite a bit different since the last time he'd been there. Yes, there were quite a few upgrades. He would have to be sure to make better note of them once he was in a bit less pain.
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ztech Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:57 pm

OOC: I usually try to avoid putting more than one of my characters in the same thread, but given the circumstances...

IC: Having decided to end his training for the morning, Toby ran up the street, hoping to catch up with Cleo. She'd said she was heading to D.O.T.E headquarters, hadn't she?

He grinned as he saw her rush into the building, holding a young girl's hand. That was Cleo. Didn't matter how busy she was, she had to stop and help.

"Hey Didge!" he called, running in after her.
Ztech
Ztech

Superhuman Points : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 am

OOC: I regret to inform you that I am preparing to make my return to New Carthage. A key player has suddenly vanished and left another player in a bit of a bind. Upon your return I imagine that the darling Cleo and her... peculiar friend, will get themselves into all sorts of fascinating adventures. I wish you all the best.
Cluney

IC: Upon seeing the energetic young lad racing towards them, Cluney became suddenly uneasy. This had not, after all, been a very good idea. The boy seemed to be familiar with the place, and though he was far too young to be aware of he and his past escapades, Cluney realized that there was far too good a chance of his being recognized, and in his current condition that could not be afforded.

Before the girl could take note of him, or the lad behind them, Cluney bolted, quick as he could, not bothering to transform into anything in the meantime as anything he turned into would be incredibly hampered by his injury. He would have to find some other place to nurse his wounds.
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down