Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest

3 posters

Go down

Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest Empty Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest

Post by The Ninja Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Events on the site will be divided up into "issues," thereby making them more comic-like. Each issue will contain chapters of the different event storylines which will rotate around a bit so you don't have to pick and choose so much between which storyline you want to be part of. The one-day-super-collectable Superhuman Issue One is just around the corner and to celebrate we have a mini event and a teaser wallpaper for you.

The mini event concerns the Alonzo crime family who rule the trade city New Carthage. That's all we know about them, so far! It's up to you to come up with a backstory for the Alonzo family. Reply to this thread with your entry in spoiler tags.

Code:
[spoiler=Alonzo Story Entry]Story text goes here.[/spoiler]

The story must be at least 500 words long. It must tell about how the Alonzo family came to New Carthage and how they gained control of it. Beyond this, anything is permitted. The three best entries will be awarded 100 points each, and the best entry will be awarded 500 points and a spot in the Superhuman lore.

The winner will be decided by a site-wide vote. Anyone can enter, but you MAY NOT vote for your own story, and you may only vote ONCE, regardless of your number of characters. Cheaters will be punished.

As for the teaser... Who are the mysterious Luminos Corporation? What is their agenda? And why are they so obsessed with this strange compound known as Adurium? It will be a while before all is revealed, but watch for their first appearance in... Superhuman Issue One!
Attachments
Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest Attachment
Superhuman Issue One Teaser.jpg Special Limited Edition Pre-order Insert! (read: wallpaper)You don't have permission to download attachments.(2.5 Mb) Downloaded 10 times
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest Empty Re: Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest

Post by Cluney Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 am

Dear sir,
I'm afraid I've arrived at a bit of a quandary. Although the attachment relates that it has been downloaded twice as yet, it also states that I am not permitted to download attachments. I don't suppose we might rectify that, eh? Can't resist a good mystery, and I'm just dying to get my hands on this one.

Sincerly,
Cluney O'Shaughnessey
Cluney
Cluney

Superhuman Points : 430

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest Empty Re: Superhuman Issue One Teaser and Contest

Post by The Ninja Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 am

You should be able to download it now.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Ah yes, thank you dear boy, ah, sir... Intriguing. Yes, quite. I look forward to learning more about this, mysterious corporation. I'm certain they carry many, valuable secrets. *evil grin*

(Old habits die hard. ^_^)
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:20 pm

*sigh* Several people have asked for an event to begin soon, but now that we have one, nobody pays attention Razz
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Titan Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:32 pm

If I had the time to write a short story, I would. But I *usually* only have that much time on weekends, and that may be too late...

Titan

Superhuman Points : 143

Character Profile
Alignment: Hero
Superpower Slots: 11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, it kind of has to stay up until we get at least one entry, because I'm sure as heck not making it up after posting this Razz
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Fear not, dear boy, for I, Cluney, have been seeking out the deeper secrets of the Alonzo family for quite some time (One never does know when such information may come in handy). ~grin~ I am currently in the process of writing down a comprehensive account of what I have discovered. It is a tragic tale, aye, though depending on the outcome of this contest, it may turn out to be merely rumors. T'would be sad as I find the tale quite intriguing, but we shall see, eh? In any case, it is nearly complete, and I suppose I shall have the honor of offering you my findings withing the next day or so. I'll even be kind enough to allow you to see it before I am paid for my work, given the circumstances, and the general obscurity of this history.

(By which he means I won't let him charge you for his footwork ^_^)
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Wow! I'm almost afraid to post this. I was afraid, at first, that I wouldn't be able to come up with 500 words. This has well exceeded the minimum requirements. I really wanted to take both the Carthage mythos and history angle as my guideline, which meant research, and I suppose being generally long-winded, and a perfectionist doesn't help. ;^_^ Anywho, here it is!

Alonzo Story Entry:
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down