Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behind the Building

2 posters

Go down

Behind the Building Empty Behind the Building

Post by Peisinoe Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 pm

It was all black…. So peaceful. Could this be what death feels like? Is my flight finally over? Ah, but no such luck.
“GAH!” sharp pain fills my body as I snap back into consciousness. I try to open my eyes, but everything is red; it’s blood, I realize with dread. Recollection of what happened floods back into my mind; the Cleansers caught me unawares whilst scavenging in a patch of woods near some dome-like building. They must have beaten me and left me for dead. Blinking away the blood in my eyes, I look down to see that I, and the ground surrounding me, are soaked in red. My long white peplos (a Greek styled dress) is torn beyond repair, and my loose sea of black hair is plastered to my face with sweat, blood, and dirt. Suddenly, I realize that I am lying in the shadow of some immense structure.
That dome building, I cringe. My body tingles with intense fear at the thought of being so close to other humans. They cannot find me. I have to get out of here!
In my haste, I twist my body to the side to get up and tear back open one of the wounds. Writhing in pain, I throw back my head and let out a blood-curdling scream, chocking it off at the end when I realize what I’ve done.
No! This place is crawling with people! There is no way that no one heard me.
I roll my eyes back and moan as a stinging tear slips down my pale cheek. I am doomed. There’s no way I’m going anywhere.

*This is my first post, so please, feel free to correct me, and if somebody could fill me in on proper posting terminology, that would be splendid! Thank you!
Peisinoe
Peisinoe

Superhuman Points : 90

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

Behind the Building Empty Re: Behind the Building

Post by Akai Kaji Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 am

ooc: Proper posting terminology? All I could think of for that would be OOC, which is 'out of character', and BIC, which is 'back in character' or IC, which is pretty much the same as the former, being 'in character'

bic:
Akai had just come from DOTE again from doing research in the library and had set to wandering about when she heard the scream, sending a chill up her spine. She paused, deciding where the noise came from, and made her course to find the owner of the voice, behind DOTE.
When she saw the woman laying there bleeding and wounded she didn't skip a step of stop to stare in shock, she'd seen it before plenty of times, someone left out to die, abandon while in the poorest condition. Akai approached calmly, noticing the woman was perhaps a bit on edge or nervous. She raised both hands in the air to show she was empty handed as she came up to her side and knelt down, "Two questions... what happened? And can I help you?"
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Superhuman Points : 156

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Superpower Slots: 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Peisinoe Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm

OOC: Thank you, that's exactly what I was wondering.

IC:This is it, I’ve been discovered. A young woman kneels beside her and begins to speak. I immediately turn my head away , hoping that somehow she could disappear. Her words are soft and her eyes gentle, yet nevertheless, I tremble as uncontrollable tears flow. This is the closest that I have ever been to another human since… since Dad… A flash of pain streaks through my heart at that thought. If the Cleansers are still watching, they’ll think that she is getting in the way by helping me.
“Get away!” I moan. “They could still be here… always watching.” I want to slip into my Siren Voice, but I’m nearly too weak to speak at all, let alone use any power. “The Cleansers,” I wince, “they will stop at nothing… “ Slowly, I turn my face back towards her and stare into her eyes with terrible urgency. “They will find you… make an example of you if you help me.”
Peisinoe
Peisinoe

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Akai furred her brow, looking about briefly before returning her attention back towards the woman, "I don't wanna sound ignorant or stupid, or even foolish for that matter, but I can take care of myself. No-one is gonna 'make and example of me' anytime soon, they'll sooner burn."
She shook her head, looking up at the dome rising above them, "I don't suppose you'd go in there, even if they could patch you up and take care of your wounds... but I can't leave you out here to die either."
Akai really had no idea what Cleansers were, or who this woman was, but she couldn't leave someone to die, not after him, it went against every fiber of her being.
"Look, I'll give you a few options... DOTE medbay, hospital, my place. Staying here isn't an option, and even if I have to drag you out of here, by gosh I'm gonna help you. Those Cleansers of yours can come at me with an army of unspeakable horrors and monsters for all I care, let them come! They'll burn!"
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peisinoe Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 pm

I sigh heavily; she means what she says. I can see it in her face that leaving is not an option for her. Looking into the sky, I mutter under my breath in Greek.
“For your sake, I hope that those are more than words.” I glance at the towering structure beside me, and the anxiety slowly returns. My chest tightens, but I determine that I have no choice but to allow this stranger to take me inside. “I will go… inside” I shudder, “as long as you promise… don’t take me through the front… I can’t be seen… Anyone could be a Cleanser in disguise… I will never be safe. Doch, curses upon Ligeia and her foolishness!” I twist my lips into a snarl and clench one of my epirotes pins.
Peisinoe
Peisinoe

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:44 pm

"Alright then," Akai reaches out to take the woman's hand, "You can lean against me, and we'll get inside."
She helped the woman to her feet, carrying her weight as best she could, "What kind of monsters would do this to you?" Akai muttered.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peisinoe Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Somehow with the woman’s help, I manage to stand - well, sort of stand anyways – and begin to stagger along with her.
"What kind of monsters would do this to you?" She asks.
“They are my people.” I spat bitterly, “By blood anyways…. That’s why they hate me so much... or really because I’m an impurity in their eyes. They hate my human half.” Clutching at my tattered dress, I try to concentrate on moving my feet. “The Cleansers do exactly what their name implies…. They cleanse the bloodline… but by the brutal sacrifice of those unfortunate enough to be fed by the springs of separate rivers. They are a proud people who hold their spotlessness more dearly than the lives of innocents.”
Peisinoe
Peisinoe

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akai Kaji Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 am

"Heh... sounds like a lot of people, doing about anything to be better and more righteous than the rest of us. It doesn't work that way though... sadly they'll all have to learn it the hard way, paying for the lives they take so freely and thoughtlessly. "
Akai watched attentively as a pedestrian walked by, staring at them curiously, but hurried on quickly, not wanting to get involved.
"So anyone could be the people after you... that would stink, living in so much fear of people and the world. But... I've been there."
Akai stopped when they reached a door near the back of the building, out where the trash was dumped. A guard stood at the door, nodding when she approached,
"Welcome back Akai, sneaking in a needy friend?"
"You didn't see us," She replied as he unlocked the door for them, letting them into the building and shutting the door behind them. "Alright, we're in. Now off to the medbay."

ooc: haha... seems I end up in there more than the rest of the people here.
can continue here now in medbay.
Akai Kaji
Akai Kaji

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content