Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Coffee shop (Front Room)

+5
Manifest
Argent
Death's Kiss
Madhatter
Titan
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

At the Coffee shop (Front Room) - Page 2 Empty Re: At the Coffee shop (Front Room)

Post by Manifest Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 pm

"Hm..." Audrey said, seeing the man speed away. She was on her way to the coffee shop for lunch. Where's he going? And who is he? I mean, I know I just became a hero, so I have to save humanity, right? she said to herself.

She hurried to the back alley, changed into her costume, and followed the man in his vehicle. She flew in the skies, keeping her eyes on him.

Manifest had heard of the dilemma, at the coffee shop, but she didn't know it was that big. If only she had been there to help, but she was just finishing school, she was free from the school life...for now...

Manifest
Manifest

Superhuman Points : 430

Character Profile
Alignment:
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

At the Coffee shop (Front Room) - Page 2 Empty Re: At the Coffee shop (Front Room)

Post by Cluney Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:05 am

OOC: Heheh, given Cluney's passive character, I couldn't think of any place to jump in. I'll just go ahead and post here as in intro for the moment until I can either figure out where to go, or someone responds ^_^

IC: Cluney stepped out of the taxi in front of the Black Bean. He payed the driver and turned to look at the building, tapping his cane thoughtfully.
"Well well," he muttered. "Looks like there's been an unusual amount of excitement here."
He walked up to a frightened young woman, a barista he had gotten to know a bit over the years he'd been staying in New Carthage.
"Penny, my darling truffle," he said sweetly, "whatever has happened here?"
Despite her fright, the girl couldn't help blushing.
"Oh! Mister O'Shaughnessey," she said, her accent giving away the years she had grown up in Brooklyn. "It was awful! Simply awful! They came in with guns! Shooting everywhere. I thought for sure I was going to die."
Cluney patted her on the back.
"There there my sweet," he said, "Why don't you tell me who it was you saw, hm?"
The girl blinked.
"But Mister O'Shaughnessey," she protested, "what can you do?"
Cluney grinned. Of course the girl had no idea just what he could do, and she would never guess what he meant to do. He'd been lying low for so long, no one around him knew of his "business operations." He would like to keep it that way, especially with that idiot, Alexander Troy running about, sticking his nose into everything. Not that he felt the man was any particular threat to him, he just preferred to avoid people he knew were going to prove a nuisance. Unfortunately, the pay off from his last job was starting to run thin, and it was time for him to get back to work. That is why he needed to know what had happened here. If the parties involved had any sort of money, he could play on whatever rivalry had started this fight in the first place.
"You're obviously much to frazzled to speak to the reporters, or authorities my dear," he said sweetly. "Tell me everything you saw, and I shall save you the headache."
Penny's eyes widened.
"Oh! Oh thank you Mister O'Shaughnessey!" she exclaimed, "You're such a nice guy, so thoughtful!"
Cluney nodded as the girl began to relate the events of the morning. He was a bit disappointed to hear it was just a hold up with some supers getting involved, but when he heard about the "strange guy with the hat" his eyes lit up.
"Of course!" he said, "H.A.T. Labs, why didn't I think of it before?"
"Eh, what was that Mister O'Shaughnessey?"
"Hm? Oh, nothing my dear. Nothing to trouble your sweet little head about. Now why don't you sit down and rest a bit while I go on ahead to the police station for you?"
"But Mister-"
"Tut tut my dear," Cluney interjected, patting her on the head "Everything will be just fine now, you'll see."
He walked away and pulled out his cell phone to call another cab. H.A.T. Labs it was then. What a splendid way to jump back into business!

OOC: Well, that helped matters, now didn't it? See you some of you guys in H.A.T. Labs ^_^
Cluney
Cluney

Superhuman Points : 430

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:54 am

AChilles pulled up infront of the building with Syren.

"ok here we are, The Black Bean."

Walking inside, he threw his sweater onto a seat, and got in line for a coffee.

Reaching the front, he ordered a vanilla bean coffee, and a Cheddar Herb bagel with cream cheese. Waiting for Syren to ask him what he wanted to order.
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Superhuman Points : 246

Character Profile
Superpower Slots: 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 am

OOC: You still haven't told me your thoughts on my idea. At least, not in a place I could see it ^_^;;

IC: Had Dhaevos been aware of the events that had occurred here only a few short hours ago, he would have been very surprised by how quickly things returned to normal. As it was, there was nothing left here to give any indication of either heist or super activity. He looked up at the sign for a bit, and even had he been accustomed to real food for the past seven years, he wouldn't have been able to recall just what it was he enjoyed eating.

Finally he looked down at the barista, a girl with short cropped, obviously died, red hair and a somewhat vague look in her eyes to compliment her grin. Her nametag read "Penny" He shook his head and turned to Achilles instead.

*Just regular coffee I guess,* he signed *And the tomato basil... pesto... thing*
Syren
Syren

Superhuman Points : 530

Character Profile
Alignment:
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 am

OOC: ugh ive sent it like 3 times... ok i like the idea and ill help by saving up my points as well. sound good?
also to think im eating at the place where i stole some cash from... wow just wow...

IC: "ok" turning to Penny he ordered for Dan. grabbing their snack (what time of day is it???) he headed back to the table.
"So, do you have any plans for what you are going to do next?"
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am

OOC: That's a good question. I've been assuming it's still day out. It was lunch time when you robbed the Black Bean, so it's probably, eh, maybe dinnertime? We could go with that. lol ^_^ And, Sweet! I think this would probably be a good place to stick the alliance bit of it into canon. (I never just want to decide a thing is and skip bringing it into the story ^_^)
Also, regarding Penny. lol, I just couldn't help it. If we were able to create profiles for normals, I would totally trade in my sidekick slot for an immovable, Penny-like character for each city ^_^. NPC's can be such fun.

BIC: Dhaevos sat down and looked at his friend incredulously.

*Plans?* he signed *When I woke up three days ago, I couldn't even remember my own name! If I didn't think you were trustworthy, I would still have to question whether it was even actually Dan!*

He took a swig of his coffee and grimaced. Regular coffee? Never again! What did you put in coffee to make it taste better? Oh yeah.
He grabbed the sugar and quickly dumped about four tablespoons worth into the mug, followed by three things of creamer. Hopefully that would help.
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Cub walked into the coffee shop and looked around for a moment. everything seemed quiet enough. she hadn't been out in some time so she felt rather edgy. even going to a coffee shop could end rather badly for someone like herself. she relaxed a little then stepped up to the counter. "one iced chai tea please. soy milk if you have it." she requested. the little feline had a soft spot for creamy drinks. chai being one of her favorites.

she took another moment to look around and blinked when her eyes fell on the angel boy. it looks like she wasn't the only one who had something to hide. even in a place like this.

she smiled as the red haired girl handed her the cold drink and paid her, of course being nice enough to tip. she decided that today she could allow her curiosity to get the better of her and turned walking over to Dan and Achilles. "You mind if I sit with you guys?" she inquired before taking a sip of her drink.
Cub
Cub

Superhuman Points : 385

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 pm

OOC: Careful not to post anything with powers until they're approved, but you're almost there, eh? Also, we probably should've mentioned this earlier in canon, but Achilles is cloaking Dhaevos' wings (it only works if he can see Dhaevos) so she probably didn't notice the wings. She may have noted that Dhaevos looks like a guy with something to hide though, as he isn't yet used to not needing to worry about his wings ^_^
Anywho, the main point I wanted to bring up is that this makes current posting order as follows. Death's Kiss, Syren, Cub. ^_^ So there we have it. Let the fun commence!
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm

OOC: ok edited
and yes sorry about that i have his wings cloaked currently. cloaked here
also Syren only speaks in sign language or writing. i will "translate" what he says if thats ok?
In addition, if you see *blah blah blah* it means we are signing

IC:
Looking at the girl Achilles frowned. Well she certainly looked interesting. what was up with her homeless act? she was too well groomed for that. however, she could prove interesting.
"of course, however you will have to pardon Dan here, he can't speak. An unfortunate accident at childbirth. but I will gladly translate for you. (assuming you can't read sign language) but tell me fair maiden of the homeless attire, what bring you to our humble table?"

"Dan how do you like your sugarified coffee?"
*what do you think of the girl?*
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

OOC: So how come I got that wall post, but not the others? What the heck? lol

IC: Dhaevos cocked his head in confusion. What he asked was definitely not what he had signed. Then he got it. Of course. One of the benefits to knowing sign. He smiled and shrugged, (and really, the "enhanced" coffee wasn't much better than having it black) but then he signed-

*I don't know. She seems a little nervous, but I don't have any idea why.*
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:50 am

she blinked at his comment on her clothes. she looked herself over. they were baggy but she didn't really think they were counted under homeless. "Um... alrighty then." she said and shook her head trying not to let her temper get the better of her. "I haven't been out in some time so I figured while I was I could make a friend or two." she replied simply then took a seat across from the two. As short as she was it was no real surprise that her feet didn't touch the ground when she sat. instead of letting them hang though she pulled them both up and crossed her legs. this had the effect of hiding her feet all the more and being a bit more comfortable then just letting them kick in the air like a child's.
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:24 am

talking: "Ah well ill have to inform you that walking up to a person doesn't constitute being friends. However, I'm intrigued. Tell us a bit about yourself. I'm a student at the local college here, studying chemical sciences. I live in an apartment around here. And work as a lab assistant."

signing:
*ok lets try to figure it out. tell me if you get suspicious of her at all.*
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

At the Coffee shop (Front Room) - Page 2 Empty Xander's coffee trip

Post by Xander the Conquerer Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:46 am

OOC: hello, I'm butting in if no one minds

IC:
Xander's arrival in new Carthage was extremely disappointing. He had heard that it had much more action than that dump he had just left.

"Well" he said to no one, "At least I can get a decent cup of coffee"

Ahead that infamous coffee shop that the other specials were all talking about. Walking in, he noticed a small group of shady characters sitting at one of the booths. Correction, one of them looked shady, the others were just plain weird. A really short girl was sitting across from the shady guy and his obviously mute friend, all looking like they had something to hide.

"Definitely specials" he thought to himself

Ordering a cup of black liquid, this stuff didn't even look like coffee, he strolled over to the booth that the 'specials' were sitting at.
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Superhuman Points : 165

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Superpower Slots: 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:13 pm

OOC: Well well, looks like it's getting a bit crowded in here, eh? I suppose this makes the posting order, Death's Kiss, Syren, Cub, Xander t. C, unless there are any objections. o.O?

IC: Dhaevos nodded. *Just don't mention the name Syren. The last thing I need-*

He stopped when he noticed a guy walking up to thier table.

*Are people here always this friendly?* he asked sarcastically.
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:57 am

Cub looked up the male easily getting her attention as well. at least she had been nice enough to say hello before she walked over. "My name is Cub... I live near by." she replied to the question. "I don't get out much normally though." she admitted then looked to Syren before holding out her chai tea. "try this. you might like it more then that coffee crud." she said having noticed the male didn't seem to overly like the drink in front of him.
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander the Conquerer Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 am

OOC: im pretty sure signing you guys is ok

IC:
*No they aren't, to answer your question* he signed to the mute guy *and since when is a mute called siren?* giving a little smile he signed *even with those wings hidden im surprised no one noticed the man who was in all the papers in this town*

"So" he said with a slight smirk "when do specials meet in broad daylight?

Last edited by Xander the Conquerer on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Accidental change of story)
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 am

OOC:
you are pretty?
signing us is ok?
what are you high on? Razz

IC:
Signing
*obviously people go by large physical descriptions without which they would be lost.*

Talking
"since when do random people accuse others of being special? Watch your mouth. not all of us enjoy being accused of being specials. I for one find that highly repulsive. Just because you have some notion, doesn't mean it is true."

In a huff, Achilles said, "lets get going dan."

OOC: play along. New carthage isn't special friendly per say according to the description of it by ninja. So being known as a special isn't necessarily a good thing
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 am

OOC: She handed her chai tea to Syren actually.
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander the Conquerer Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 am

OOC: Sorry you need to specify which "male" who is disgusted with coffee, and pretty sure is what I said read it again
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 am

OOC: Quote from earlier post- she admitted then looked to Syren before holding out her chai tea. "try this. you might like it more then that coffee crud." she said having noticed the male didn't seem to overly like the drink in front of him.

She looked to Syren.
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander the Conquerer Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 am

OOC: Sorry my bad, give me a minute
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 am

OOC: I figured as much, Cub, but I was going with it anyway. Maybe, in character, he mistook your offer. ^_^ By the by, you've got enough now to buy the slot you need for inventing ^_^

IC: Dhaevos looked back and forth between Achilles and the new stranger. The guy knew how to sign... of course he did. Worse than that, he seemed to know who Dhaevos was, or at least who everybody thought he was. He would be all too happy to get out of here.

He stood and shrugged at the wierd chick, and waited for Achilles to lead the way.
Syren
Syren

Character Profile
Alignment:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cub Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 am

Cub raised a brow at the new comers bold question. did he not realize how dangerous it was to talk about such things in the open? she decided to follow Achilles' example and not admit to the fact. instead she stood up. "I think you might want to get your eyes checked... maybe also read a news paper." she told Xander honestly. even being cooped up as she was she still knew better then to go around letting people know she was... special. if you want to call it that. ask her family and they called it something far from that nice.
Cub
Cub

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xander the Conquerer Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 am

OOC: wOw you guys are impossible

IC: "Oh come on you guys" Xander called to the 'specials' "we all know, why not admit it? Whats going to happen? You people really need to lighten up."

Turning to the Shady guy he signed *whats up? is this not a good place for us in the open? Because you do know i can start calling him* Xander pointed to siren *what he really is, and then how would you hide?*
Xander the Conquerer
Xander the Conquerer

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Death's Kiss Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:13 pm

OOC: follow us, because we are leaving the building Razz at least I am.

IC: "I have no idea what you are talking about. In fact, I don't like your tone at all, please excuse us." turning away from Xander,
"Mademoiselle, would you care to join us in the park nearby? Since you obviously hold better discretion then to randomly accuse people of such a dangerous thing. I know a wonderful place under some sweeping oaks."
"Come Dan, lets go."

OOC: this is mainly to get away from a public place. After you either acquiesce or deny my request, ill start a new thread.
Death's Kiss
Death's Kiss

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next