Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application

2 posters

Go down

Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application Empty Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application

Post by Cluney Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:32 pm

These two really are essential for this character, so if they are too much, I will try to give him some temporary illness or other to increase his limitations until which time I can upgrade him to where he needs to be, if that's alright. ^_^

Edit: I realized I had actually made Cluney’s shape shifting a tad too restrictive, so I’ve edited. The above still applies though.

Power Name: Theatrics
Category: Biological
Description: Cluney has a natural talent for acting, which he has developed more and more over time. Within a few short hours he can generally imitate a person's posture, movement, tone, and usually voice to a frightening degree
Limits: It's not a perfect talent. If Cluney is caught off guard he may well shift into his own posture and voice. When in his typical form his voices tend to be a titch on the gravely side and over the phone one would probably suspect their friend had a cold. He usually prefers a week of observation, followed by a week of “getting into character” before taking someone's place for more than a few short hours.

Power Name: Shapeshifting
Category: Biological.
Description: Shape shifting is more or less what it sounds like, the ability to change one's form. Cluney is able to take on the form of any living creature. This is due to a mutation that enables him to move and reshape his DNA at the chromatic level. He is able to duplicate the appearance of any person he comes across after a few hours, as well as reshape himself into any animal. The process takes time, but once he knows a shape, he can slip into it easily. He has practiced a few shapes to use at quick disposal. A young girl, a teenage boy, a man, a dog (mutt with quite a bit of great dane mixed in), a common rat, a cat, a jackdaw (his personal favorite), a lynx, and a python. These he can change into in a matter of seconds. Watching him change would probably make you ill as involves a lot of stretching and popping, so those with weak stomachs should probably turn their heads.
Limits: As mentioned before, the process takes time. Turning into another human for the first time can take up to an hour, and turning into an animal he is unfamiliar with isn't much better. Also, while he can duplicate finger prints well enough for low level locks, high level locks give him problems, and he cannot duplicate well enough to pass a retinal scan. Taking on someone elses form does not automatically give him their personality, or knowledge, and catching him off guard could reveal that all is not right. Taking on someone elses appearance does give Cluney access to any of their genetic powers, but he has to take the time to learn how to use them, just as the individual had to, so taking on the appearance of another superhuman is tricky business. Finally, Cluney's clothing does not shift with him. This is why he does not keep a lion or elephant in his arsenal as he would hate to destroy his clothing, and he is enough of a gentleman that he would be forced to return home straight afterwords. (He does keep some extra suits in his hotel room, just in case)
Cluney
Cluney

Superhuman Points : 430

Character Profile
Alignment: Rogue
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 5

Back to top Go down

Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application Empty Re: Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application

Post by The Ninja Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Theatrics approved at 1 slot.

Shapeshifting approved at three slots.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application Empty Re: Cluney O'Shaughnessey's Superpower Application

Post by Cluney Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 am

Really?! O.O Sweet! Well since I still have an open slot, let me see if I can fit this in. ^_^

Power Name: Cane Fighter

Category: Biological (though I guess it could be technology ~shrug~)

Description: As much as Cluney loves theatrics, not all situations call for a dramatic entrance. In simpler situations such as being mugged or attacked by low level thugs, Cluney simply uses his cane to show no account imbeciles who is boss. We're not talking Cranky Kong just whackin' you on the head either. He has trained himself well in the art, and is still healthy enough to out maneuver most people, and believe you me, that brass knob will leave a mark!

Limits: This is a normal Joe form of martial arts. Cluney can become fatigued after a while, and unless he picks up a metal bar instead of using his cane he will probably only be able to fend off someone with a good blade for a short period of time. He'll also have more trouble using the art with anything longer than his cane.
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Approved at 1 slot.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Sweet! ^_^ Well, since this is probably all I'm going to need for Cluney, and since I don't need a location for him since he just bounces from hotel to hotel, can I use his points to upgrade Blackfeather when I get enough? I'm still working on him, but I'm pretty certain I'm not going to be able to use all his abilities at the start. (which will actually make things more interesting ^_^)
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ninja Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:07 pm

That'd be fine.
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cluney Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:07 am

How much to add a regeneration upgrade to Cluney's shapeshifting? Basically it would be the healing of physical wounds, but would require him to shift completely into something/someone else (Meaning revealing he's a shapeshifter to those around him) It also wouldn't apply to illness as that comes from foreign bacteria and viruses inside the body and has nothing to do with dna.

Last edited by Cluney on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : better word usage)
Cluney
Cluney

Character Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down