Superhuman
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syren's Power Application

2 posters

Go down

Syren's Power Application Empty Syren's Power Application

Post by Syren Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 pm

I apologize in advance because this is probably a lot to read through.

Power Name: Wings
Category: Biological
Description: Dhaevos has a large set of wings that stand out from an extra set of muscles just under his shoulders. These enable him to fly, just as a bird would, as well as enabling him to glide from great heights. He can usually carry something with him as well.
Limits: The wings are actual appendages that naturally belong to his body. They can be damaged, just as an arm or leg can be, and it will hurt, just as bad. Though the wings are strong, Dhaevos usually cannot carry anything heavier than a teenager, and that not for very long.

Power Name: Boxing
Description: Dhaevos must have taken boxing lessons at some point, because he is pretty proficient at it. He is fast with his fists and, despite the extra weight of his wings, light on his feet.
Limits: This is a naturally learned ability. He can't stop a bullet with his fists, or break concrete

Power Name: Knife Fighting
Description: Dhaevos has a talent for fighting with knives. He can also throw them with pretty deadly accuracy. Two is best if he can get them.
Limits: Throwing a knife is great! Except that you can definitely lose a perfectly good knife that way. Also, this isn't nearly as effective with a pocket knife or switchblade, though switchblade is far better than pocket knife. The kind of knives he needs aren't easy to come by, and he currently has no money.

Power set Name: Angelvoice
Description: Dhaevos has been fitted with a specially engineered set of vocal cords that enable him to consciously change the pitch and frequency of his voice in order to accomplish superhuman feats. Among these are the following-

Power Name: Banshee Shriek
Description: It is the sound of ultimate suffering! Dhaevos' heart made that sound when- Well, that's not important. The point is that Angelvoice allows Dhaevos to change the frequency and pitch of his voice to very high stress levels that can cause feelings of intense fear and sometimes panic. It sounds like a thousand broken, anguished souls crying out in a single voice. Although Dhaevos can use it consciously, it sometimes comes out as a knee jerk reaction to intense pain, fear, or grief.
Limits: Banshee Shriek is only effective if it can be heard. Covering your ears will dampen the effect, but it is very loud, so to eliminate it entirely would probably require some form of earplugs, or soundproof headphones. There is also the problem of friendly fire as there really is no way to direct this power toward a specific target. This technique is also very rough on the throat, and no Angelvoice techniques can be used afterward for three posts.

Power Name: Furie Scream
Description: Anglevoice enables Dhaevos to change the pitch and frequency of his voice to blast, melt, bend, or break solid objects. This ability is usually used to get by otherwise impassable barriers and covers a wide variety of materials including wood, metal, and stone. “Scream” is a bit of a misnomer as the action sound more like a deep, hollow echolocation than it does a scream.
Limits: Like Banshee Shriek, Furie Scream is rough on the throat, and no Angelvoice techniques can be used afterward for three posts. If dealing with particularly sturdy materials, ie: a building grade concrete wall, or metal more than three inches thick, Angelvoice is disabled for five turns.

Power Name: Siren Song
Description: Angelvoice enables Dhaevos to change the frequency of his voice to match the human mental frequency for trance, causing the hearer to be more open to his suggestions. If used I a deliberate enough fasion it can actually send someone into a deep trance. The more a person hears it, the harder it is to resist. This is the only Angelvoice ability that enables actual speech and where trance is concerned, works best when song. Dhaevos' voice is usually a smooth baritone, though Angelvoice still allows him to adjust his pitch to whatever is most appropriate for the situation. It should be noted that this ability takes more effort than talking, or signing, and makes for poor conversation aside, and as Dhaevos has to be using this ability specifically in order to speak, it is unlikely he would even consider using it for everyday conversation.
Limits: Like Banshee Shriek, Siren Song is only effective if it can be heard, though it's typically used with a softer voice than Banshee Shriek. Mere suggestion is easier to resist than full trance and is most effective when making requests that aren't completely out of the ordinary, ie: Getting a guard to let you pass, or a nurse to reveal the location of a patient. Trance can also be fought if the suggestions are too far out of someone's comfort zone. It is highly unlikely, for example, that someone would shoot themselves or a loved one at Dhaevos' suggestion. Finally, if Dhaevos fails to address someone specifically, there is the issue of 'friendly fire' as the ability affects everyone within range.

I'm hoping you'll include my description of the power set as part of the 100. I'm having trouble giving Banshee Shriek and Furie Scream that many words in the description without making it overly wordy. I'm well aware that I'll probably have to do without the Angelvoice set to start, but I just kind of wanted to know what I would be looking at for each of those additional powers as well as what they would end up being collectively.

Thanks ^_^
Syren
Syren

Superhuman Points : 530

Character Profile
Alignment:
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Syren's Power Application Empty Re: Syren's Power Application

Post by The Ninja Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Wings approved at one slot.

Boxing and knife are approved at one slot each.

Banshee shriek approved at two slots.

Fury Scream approved at 5 slots.

Siren Song approved at 5 slots.

*whew* That was a lot Razz
The Ninja
The Ninja
Admin

Superhuman Points : 21

Character Profile
Alignment: Antihero
Alliance: Defenders of the Earth
Superpower Slots: 10

https://superhumanrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Sweet! ^_^ Looks like I've got a lot of work to do before I can complete his Angelvoice arsenal, but I think it will be well worth it. ^_^
Syren
Syren

Superhuman Points : 530

Character Profile
Alignment:
Alliance: Unaffiliated
Superpower Slots: 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down